- A basic understanding of the structure of a house.
- The ability to use tools to collect the information about a house.
- One of the certifications listed here
- Home Inspectors
- Energy Auditors
- Home Energy Raters
- HVAC technicians
- Other energy efficiency/green building raters
Approximately 45 house characteristics that can be collected in less than an hour, e.g. age, number of stories, number of bedrooms, insulation levels, heating, cooling and hot water system information. A list of required inputs is available here.
A 1-10 Score (10 is best) and a list of cost-effective upgrades that can be applied to improve it.
- Low Cost
- Easy to understand report
- Provides customized recommendations
- Does not require high level certification
- No required diagnostics
- Good marketing tool
- May be available through the energy auditing software you are using (check with software provider or review the list here)