IES Training offers a range of training options to suit all competency levels. All courses are created and delivered by our in-house experts. We offer both face to face and web-based options to allow our clients a complete understanding of the software. Web training can be booked online at IES, Inc. Other support resources include the IES YouTube channel and online support forums.
The Virtual Environment has sustainable analysis tools for Engineers, Architects, Sustainability and Energy Consultants, Building Owners, Facilities Managers and Contractors. Academics can use IES for teaching students or for research.
The IES Interoperability Navigator offers a step-by-step process for importing your model from whichever drawing tool you are using into the IESVE for analysis, or you can create the geometry from scratch in ModelIt. The ability to copy/paste input data to/from Excel directly into the BTM offers substantial time-saving and accuracy over manual entry after importing geometry, and makes it far quicker to update changes. Input data relating to materials, occupancy, internal gains, climate, weather files, air movement and systems is managed entirely through graphical interfaces and supported by extensive databases (including pre-defined HVAC component libraries and Manufacturer tools such as Daikin VRV Systems, Monodraught Windcatchers and Termodeck). Some applications show data rendered on the model using false colors. Standard constructions etc. can be saved as an in-house reference library for future projects. The input data visualisation tool allows for an exploded view of the building floor plan. IES has the ability to place geometric free-standing panels that are exclusively for estimating PV potential and allows the assessment of PV potential to take the physical location into account. Parabolic Solar Collectors adds to the renewables capabilities and can be used as DHW pre-heater or as a space or process pre-heater. Various weather data is available through our website, and weather data from other sources can also be imported.
IES charts can be edited within IES (Vista Pro) for variables and colours etc. so that post-processing is not required to format the results for presentation, and they can be exported directly to Word/Excel to streamline the reporting process. Charts can be formatted as lines, bar graphs, pie charts etc. to best suit the selected data sets, and can be used to compare the results between different simulations or the impact of one variable on another. Inputs such as external DBT can be compared to results such as internal DBT. Psychrometric charts are available in a variety of formats. VistaPro Sessions allows the User to recreate all the open results; whether its graphs or tables that they may wish to save, to streamline teamwork. This assists in manual identification of the impact of different interventions. The Hone tool lets the User investigate the trade-offs between different design parameters and automatically converge on the optimal design quickly and accurately. Movies generated in various applications can be recorded as .avi files. Some applications show data rendered on the model using false colors. Ventilation analysis can be aided by overlaying a wind-rose on the model. Automated model data reports reference the different zones by name, as well as by their unique numerical ID. There is an extensive range of standard reports relating to HVAC reports for buildings, system, zone, and room loads, sizing, and ventilation.
- IES offers comprehensive analysis options for the design and operation of comfortable buildings that consume significantly less energy. This is measured across a wide range of metrics for all stages of building design and operation, including building commissioning and evaluation of retrofitting options.
- The analysis applications all share one central integrated data model, so design changes are immediately updated elsewhere, saving time and facilitating an integrated design approach across HVAC and ventilation systems, CFD analysis, daylight compensation control, solar shading analysis, renewables, cost and value assessment, etc.
- Multiple core simulations and cloud based services offer significantly reduced calculation and simulation times throughout the VE. Other tools such as parallel simulation and optimisation also increase productivity.
- The VE offers convenient data manipulation, coupled with the ability to undertake what-if assessments at the design calculation stage, and VistaPro for easy comparison of results and communication of data between all team members.
- IES enables the User to easily swich between ISO, ASHRAE and CIBSE formats for data inputs or reports.
- Unrivalled interoperability with other CAD/BIM platforms, with a BIM Navigator to streamline the import of gbXML, IFC & dxf imports. Links to numerous certifications schemes including: ASHRAE 90.1; LEED; GreenStar; BREEAM; UK&Ireland Compliance; GMPro; OTTV Malysia & Hong Kong.
- IESVE runs on a robust engine, that meets all industry tests and is developed by IES for quicker response to customer request.
- Python Scripting allows advanced users to create their own customised scripts, automation and reportage, which can be easily shared through your own navigator.