The platform can be used for design and/or analysis at any stage in the building lifecycle and has been designed to expose users to their desired level of detail. Although it was developed with engineers in mind, the easy to use interface and intelligent defaults provide flexbility for varying degrees of expertise. In addition, our world-class support center and customer portal are there to help with the learning the curve and every license comes included with unlimited support during license period. We also offer self paced e-Learning, as well webinar based and in-person training options.
TRACE 3D Plus is intended to be used by a wide range of users/uses including design/consulting engineers, architects, energy/sustainability engineers, energy service companies, building owners, facility managers, manufacturers, research and development, and for academic use.
Model geometry can be imported via gbXML or created quickly through the built-in easy to use modeling platform that utilizes the latest in 3D technology for speed and efficiency (no rendering needed). Simply import PDF floor plans, assign a scale, and trace over them to quickly add floors to any model while viewing in either 2 or 3D. Changing models is as quick and easy as grabbing and dragging a wall or vertex to a desired location or splitting/merging existing spaces. Use the thousands of intelligent pre-built libraries and templates to create detailed models in a fraction of the time of other modeling tools. Then assign templates and zoning using a simple scalable approach that leverages the 3-D geometry to visually validate the model. Utilize sophisticated visual diagraming with integrated validatation to define the building systems and plants to the desired level of complexity. Mix and match up to 20 different alternative models in the same file including alternative linking to maximize data reuse and minimze input error. Thousands of the latest full year global weather locations are included, or import desired weather using dozens of different standard formats. Integrations exist for mulitple applications like Ground Loop Design, GLHEPRO, and Trane Select Assist (for as-built equipment performance).
Dozens of pre-built reports for load design, energy and economics, renewable energy, emissions, carbon footprint, alternative comparison, sensitivity, and parametric analysis. Most reports include visual aspects that help turn the data into useful knowledge. Use the advanced data visualizer to analyze time series for thousands of simulation variables and export to various formats.
Model Complex Buildings and Systems with Ease
- Multi-story, multi-level floors and detailed roofing systems capabilities
- New Drag walls, vertices, and roof peaks to quickly modify your models or create complex roofs
- New Adiabatic/thermal boundary tool streamlines the workflow for partial retrofit analysis or core and shell building models
- Integrated equipment selection for true as-built model simulation
- Intricate system and central plant designs
- EnergyPlus™ engine drives and substantiates accuracy
Visually Dynamic, Intuitive Workflows
- New Standards wizard – automatically generate the most tedious aspects of ASHRAE 90.1 baseline creation for code compliance & performance
- New Precision PDF import feature makes scaling floor plan images and getting them aligned easier than ever
- Use pre-configured building themes and thousands of pre-loaded and scalable libraries and templates
- View and validate architectural designs, HVAC systems in 2D and 3D views
- Built-in intelligence prevents potential modeling mistakes
- Schematically configure systems and plants easily with built-in systems validation and intelligenceUser interface designed for simplicity
- Guided experience matches real world design practice
Advanced Cloud Analytics
- Cloud functionality produces significantly faster simulation
- Simultaneous calculation & comparison of up to 20 alternatives
- Perform advanced, detailed sensitivity analysis
- Continuing to leverage cloud capabilities for the future